The bridge across the Rhine near Arnhem was destroyed twice during World War II. After the war an new one was built. Since December 1949 this bridge has been in use unofficially. Now it's officially put into use by mr. Harmesen, the director-general of the Department of Public Works, in the presence of a.o. mayor Ch.G. Matser. SHOTS: Several shots of the bridge; Harmsen cuts a ribbon and walk with company, a.o. Matser (with chain of office) on the footpath ofthe bridge.